Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

Happy Belated Easter! I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. We went to our friend's house for dinner. Laura and Claire made Easter cookies! I'll have pictures up at some point. All and all, I had a great Easter. The church service was really good and reminded us of the real reason for Easter and it's not the Easter Bunny! It's so incredibly humbling to me to think about. I mean, Jesus was God's Son, part of the Holy Trinity. He can do anything He wants to but He chose to come to Earth as a baby. He lived on this Earth for 33 years knowing that He was going to sacrifice himself so that we could live with Him in Eternity. Now that's LOVE in the greatest sense. Jesus was ridiculed, spat upon, and pretty much beat to a pulp. His clothes were bartered over, His followers denied Him. When He was at His lowest, God even turned His back.
He could have stopped it all. He could have said, "No way! That ain't happening!" We know from Scriptures that He would have found another way if it were available. As He prayed in the garden before Judas betrayed Him, He asked God to "take this cup from Me." Even though He didn't want to go through the horrible beating, the berating, the dying, He did it anyway. Why? Because He loves us! He loves me. What an incredibly humbling thought! He loves me enough to die for me. Wow...
Because of the sin in the Garden of Eden, we were separated from God forever. By Jesus giving His life, He bridged the way to our Father in Heaven so that we can spent eternity sitting by His side. That never ceases to amaze me. I suppose we give Easter baskets to symbolize the giving of Christ's life but it hardly compares. Jesus' sacrifce was the ultimate gift. Have you accepted it?

No comments: