Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Try-It-Tuesday - Fragrance

I love scented things! Candles, incense, air freshener... I also love to seasonally decorate! A typical set of decorations in our house would be candles with scents that fit the season. For spring and summer, we do a lot of floral scents. We may through in some ocean or water scents as well. For Christmas or winter, we have pine or cinnamon rolls (because they remind me of Christmas). We recently purchased our fall candles and even added a wreath for the door. Fall is my favorite season. I love crunching in the leaves, the cooler weather, and all the smells of cooking and the like that are staples to the season.

My birthday is September 11th so technically, it's still in the summer. Of course, there are fall decorations already out. I received one as a gift this year. I enjoy Bath and Body Works but honestly don't shop there much because, well, it's too expensive for my budget. So I hadn't heard of Wallflowers. I hadn't enjoyed the scents that they carried. I've had similar products and wasn't overly impressed. I plugged my sweet cinnamon pumpkin in my back bedroom because it was the only room that didn't have anything else. The next day, I walked into the house and it was all through the house! It was lovely!! You can try it out for yourself here.

I received a reed diffuser from my mom from Pier1 Imports. If you haven't ever owned one, I recommend it highly. The one I received was called "First Rain". Oh, it's wonderful! I keep it in my bedroom. Diffusers are super strong so the scent is light enough to not be overpowering while you are trying to sleep. But it smells simply fabulous! Nice and fresh and quite pleasant to wake up to and smell before you go to bed. They didn't have the one I got online but you can check them out here.


Have you tried something new recently? Why don't you join us over at Mrs. Who's Open Book and let us know!

1 comment:

Ariel said...

I'm partial to anything cinnamon scented... Opened up the Christmas decoration box and the pine cones from last year smell heavenly :)