Wednesday, February 6, 2008

WFMW--Online Shopping Edition

It's that time of week again! This week we have a theme, something very near and dear to my heart, online shopping! I'm a big fan of this thing we call the Internet. It was first introduced into my life when I was about eight years old. It was the reason that I taught myself to type. It's something I use daily for the most part. I'm a big fan. I'm a really big fan of shopping on the World Wide Web. I always seem to find my way onto the Information Highway when I need something before my tires even reach the asphalt. I have come across many good shopping sites. Check them out, my favorites are below.

Amazon is definitely one of my favorites. You can find so many things are this site. You can rate things and have them give you recommendations based on what you buy and what you like. You can even tell it if you've already purchased an item to ensure that it doesn't recommend this same product. One of my favorite features is the Marketplace. Similar to eBay, you can sell your items through Amazon. I always check to see if the item I want is avaliable in the Marketplace before I pay full price. I have saved myself a pretty penny more than once.

eBay is another site I frequent. It never ceases to amaze me what you can find here. I just received an item I'd purchased yesterday as a matter of fact. I love browsing through all the crazy stuff people have to sell. Plus you get to see the crazy people in the world that make the bids go up on useless things. It's really quite interesting and can turn into a sport.

Froogle is more of a tool but something that I use often. If you haven't heard of it, it's Google's shopping search engine. It's really quite neat. You can find so many things there and not just at one site. It does your searching for you. It's awesome when you need to buy school books for your husband but don't want to buy $600! Using Froogle, I only paid half that.

Target and Bed Bath and Beyond are some more of my favorite shopping sites. I also enjoy just searching for something that interests me and seeing where it leads. Loads of fun! Enjoy!

Hop over to Rocks in My Dryer for more fun shopping sites!

No comments: