Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Looking back on 2007

I guess it's that time of year to look back and dream for the future. 2007 is officially over. Maybe it's just me but it seems like it literally flew by. I remember when I was a kid that summer seemed like it would never get here. Now, it's here before I know it and gone in the blink of an eye. Maybe it's because we have so many things going on in our lives now, more so then when we were kids. We have to go to work or school, be there at this time, do this at that time. We're such a busy people. Sometimes, I wish for the simplicity of youth. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "You still are a youth!". And you'd be right. I'm only 22. But let's put this in perspective for a minute. I have graduated from high school and I'm not going to college so I don't have a summer off. I have been working full time since I was 18. I got married at 20 and have been married for 19 months. I now have two nephews and two nieces. I have to pay rent and have two car payments. I may be only 22 but I sure have my share of bills! Life was simpler when all you had to worry about was which coloring page you were going to color.
2007 has been a good year for me. I saw my brother get married in February and weeks later heard his wife announce that they would be having their first baby! We celebrated a birthday in every month of 2007. Silas is now 8, Molly is 7, Jacob is 5, and baby Emily is already 1 1/2 months. Time sure has passed quickly. 2007 brought sadness too as it marks a year without my Grandpa. A year for my friend who lost her mother in 2006. But it brought happiness too. It marks my first full year of being married and had our first wedding anniversary in May. It marks the first year with Claire. It brought other changes as well. Job changes for not only myself but my husband, my mother and my brother to name a few. It brought health issues for me and several other people close to me. New life for several couples. New beginnings for lots of people.
What will 2008 bring? More babies? More weddings? New challenges and new adventures. I can't wait!

No comments: