Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Heroes

My hero. My mom.


This is the woman that has bent over backwards to be there, to help, to support, and to encourage. This is the woman that has put her own life on hold to raise six children. Children who have given her grandchildren who she continues the tradition with now. These same children haven't made her life a piece of cake. They have brought her joy and tears, peace and storms. Through it all, her love has never wavered.

She has attended school functions, helped with homework and even spent many many years home schooling her children as well as nieces, nephews, and several children of friends. She has disciplined, encouraged, and prayed for all of us.


She is my hero.

My confidant.

My tower to lean on in hard times.

My go-to person.

My inspiration.

My example.


She led me to Christ and lived the example.

She has shown me through her own marriage what a good marriage looks like.

She has demonstrated how determination and hard work can get you where you want to go.

She has passed on a love for photography.

She has taught me to appreciate the beauty of nature.


This is the woman that has always been there for me. I know that she's praying for me regardless of how crazy busy her schedule is. I know that she loves me even if she doesn't get to do all the things that she wants. This photo is a picture of her living her dream of becoming a police officer. Today marks one month remaining in the Police Academy. On the 4th, she was able to do official police duties in crowd control at the parade. I am so very proud of her.


This is the woman that I would be lost without. I'm so thankful that God has given me her for a mother. I'm more thankful that He has given me her as a friend.


I love you Moma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to your mom. She sounds like a wonderful person!
Toni