Thursday, July 17, 2008

The things we say....

It never ceases to amaze me the things that people say. Randomness is a part of my life. I've embraced it. I love it. But it's still odd coming from other people. When I was a teenager, I had a friend that would just randomly yell, "Bacon!". Um... okay...

The nurses station at work has two computers. On days that the doctor wasn't in the office, I would sit back there with Glynda. So here we sit, doing our thing, and she says, "I hate giraffes." And the joke continues...

Last night, randomness took the cake. I went from the dead of sleep to wide awake instantly. As unusual as that is for me, it gets even more weird. My husband turns and looks over my shoulder and mumbles something. "What?" He repeats himself, "You better hope there's not a snow advisory tomorrow." And he promptly falls back to sleep.

I'm left there chuckling to myself and thinking... "It's July!!" From the time I woke up to the time I was asleep again only about thirty seconds past. I'm telling you though, it was a very random thirty seconds.

Oh, the things we say....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love randomness! I just yelled "I hate Giraffes" and Y screams back "Noahs Arc". A child after my own heart haha